The DSS team supports a computing environment comprised of a high-speed, secure network designed to address the diverse requirements of the research conducted by supported investigators. The DSS prioritizes high reliability and manageability of the network while keeping operating costs low. Network resources and connectivity include:
- Four data centers (primary and colocation)
- High security- HIPAA, FISMA, NIST-800-53 compliance (FDA validation at additional cost)
- Up to 40 Gbps Internet connect in some locations.
- 98% or greater availability (100% uptime SLA in several co-location facilities)
- Multiple access points: office desktop, office wireless, remote connection
- Access to internet and UCSF domain