Members of the Division of Biostatistics have been offering statistical advice to UCSF colleagues and students since 1994. Now part of CTSI Consultation Services, we provide UCSF investigators with a full range of biostatistical advice, including:
- Study design and analysis methods
- Performing data analyses
- Interpreting results
- Preparing presentations and publications
- Revising publications and dealing with referees
Extent of Biostatistical Involvement and Corresponding Payment Options
Initial consultations up to an hour are free, and more extensive service is charged by the hour.
This option is useful for funded projects needing additional biostatistical expertise. For example:
- We can provide statistical support for short-term projects and can sometimes accommodate more extensive support requests (e.g., 25% statistical analyst or programmer time for 6 months).
- We can perform analyses of preliminary data in preparation for writing grant proposals.
Request These Services
Request biostatistical assistance online through CTSI Consultation Services.
Contact CTSI Consultation Services by phone, 415-415-8086, or e-mail, CTSI Consultation Services.